Friday, December 14, 2012

What the hell should I write for my first post??

Well, I guess I can just tell you about my week full of live music, friends and just fun. It all began with Tuesday night when I went to a Band Of Horses show. If you haven't seen them, see them. They had a back to back show, starting with an acoustic set which was mind blowing and gave me goosebumps, especially when they crushed a Lynyrd Skynyrd cover of Simple Man. 


Here's a short clip of my favorite song ...The Funeral in acoustic.

The electric show followed the acoustic which was just as incredible if not more. I was with my Co workers and the 3 of us danced, sang and met some very interesting people. There is something about concerts that truly makes me happy. It's an inspiring environment that I just cannot get enough of, its my drug and I would go to a live show every night if I had the stamina of a member of the Rolling Stones..HA.


Band Of Horses Killing it.


Me and My Co workers!

Deer Tick was the next show, which was Wednesday night at Brooklyn Bowl  which is one of my new favorite venues. It's intimate and you can bowl while you rock...pretty rad if you ask me. Before the Show my man friend and I went to dinner at this little pub like restaurant right in Williamsburg called  Teddy's Bar and Grill, all I can say is HOLY NACHOS! Probably the best I have had... EVER. 

Deer Tick put on an epic show as per usual. Lead singer John McCauley's sultry voice never gets old. Vanessa Carleton had an appearance on stage which was interesting (ehh just don't care for her). The night was chill and filled with good blues/country/indie music which always puts a smile on my face.  




Deer Tick 


Sooo...I am very excited to say that an old friend of mine from growing up, his brother is in a band that will soon be touring with Deer Tick, they are  Two Gallants, and they are ridiculously awesome and happen to be VERY good looking (for the ladies). If you happen to be in Providence, RI on 12/30 go check them out. I will leave you all with one of my favorite songs by them, it just  brings me back to my SF Nights. Enjoy.

Have a Great Weekend.

xoxo
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment